Our program has completed the following tasks:
- Water and soil quality sampling and testing at Gorak Shep.
- Biogas digester model (Harris, U of Adelaide) is being used to assess performance.
- Extensive heat modeling.
- Formal proposal to BSP-Nepal for constructing digester at Gorak Shep.
- Site survey at Gorak Shep.
- Preliminary biogas system design completed.
- Cost estimate based on the site survey results.
We have established formal affiliations with:
- Puget Sound Professional Chapter of Engineers without Borders. (EWB)
- Biogas Sector Program of Nepal (BSP-Nepal)
- Mt Everest foundation for Sustainable Development (MEFSD)
- Saving Mt Everest 2011-2012
- Seattle Architects without Borders
Program Tasks to Complete:
- Submit formal application to Engineers Without Borders for recognition as an EWB Service Corp Program.
- Formalize “requirements and sustainability” document with residents of Gorak Shep.
- Formalize working document/contract with Biogas Sector Program-Nepal.
- Perform additional water testing at Gorak Shep to correlate the contaminated water with the source of contamination .
- Perform ground temperature measurements for 9 month period of performance.